>

Friday, June 24, 2016

SPRING DAISY

I colored this flower for day 3 of Altenew Beautiful Details class - it was left to last 'cause I thought it would be the most difficult to color (it was for me).  Actually I'm kind of getting the hang of this technique but it does take a lot more time.



The flower was first stamped with morning frost ink and then colored with soft grey Zigs. The details were added with various shades of grey oil colored pencils and the center stamped with dark chocolate ink.  Then I added Spectrum Noir glitter pen all over.  The background circle was cut from some vellum and the little sentiment was embossed in liquid platinum.  Put it all together on a silver metallic card base with a few sequins for more glitz.

The design of the card is from the Freshly Made Skteches challenge #242.  I am also entering this in CAS Mix-Up challenge for June as I used die cuts, stamping, and embossing.  The theme at CASology this week is "congratulations" so am entering it there also.
 

Just a reminder also that the challenge at A Blog Named Hero this month is vellum - you still have time to enter here.

I'm pleased that you stopped by today and thanks for taking time to comment.

14 comments:

  1. Great job on this technique, Betty! I haven't tried this one yet. Your daisy is lovely! I think you've captured Marika's style with it! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work with your colouring and shading Betty. Your flower is so elegant, especially on the silver card base. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - you nailed the colouring on this one Betty. It is a stunner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely beautiful. Love the flower with the Spectrum Noir glitter pen. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutley beautiful ;-) I bet the shimmer is fab in reality :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is lovely! I love the softness to your card with the colours and flower you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful...loving the technique and those subtle and beautiful colours x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Betty - just love the flower and how you used the sketch! So elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Betty, this is such a gorgeous technique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. I love how sparkly the flower is. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, that flower is gorgeous and your card is so classy! I love it! (Maybe I need to take a class like this one...that is some amazing coloring!). So glad you joined us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd say you're definitely getting the hang of it - your flower is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a striking card, Betty! I love all the texture and dimension on your bloom, and your soft stripes are so pretty with the silver metallic background! Love this card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave comments - they make my day!